Tuesday, April 08, 2008

My Mama Told Me

Yesterday the New York Times Well blog began a small contest, soliciting comments on the question:

What is the best advice your parents gave you? If you were diagnosed with a terminal illness, what wisdom would you want to leave with your kids?

It's a fantastic (if morbid) question, and the comments that are pouring in to Well are really worth reading.

The best advice I got from my parents: Never settle for bad treatment--seek out people who love and value you.

The wisdom I'd like to make sure I impart to Chamudi: Don't waste time regretting the things you cannot change. Learn from the past and do better next time.

How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this, and think that it's awesome. Especially in light of what I'm about to post. There's a lot of wisdom out there...